Ames Rubber Corporation has provided design engineers with innovative, cost-effective solutions for over 60 years. From the aerospace and automotive industries, where protective coatings and elastomer technology are vital, to office automation and alternative energy markets, where seals and rollers are key, Ames has materials and material applications expertise and passion to grow that leads the way. Ames know-how and expertise with Elastomeric Materials and Process Technologies to Meet Exacting Requirements and provide critical components to high-end and demanding partners everywhere: earth, air and space.
We are looking for Quality Control Team Members to support our manufacturing process in Hamburg, NJ.
Specifically, we are looking for a 2nd shift Quality Inspector to handle the following:
- Perform inspections in accordance with drawings, specifications, purchase orders and other established procedures.
- Interpret drawings, tolerances, and specifications according to standard work instructions.
- Insure all measuring instruments used are calibrated and are appropriate for the inspection procedure being performed.
- Record work progress on inspection documents or other data collection media as required.
- Insure proper identification of all accepted and rejected material, including further processing documents as required.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment consistent with the established standards.
- Analyze data and advise Operators, Supervisors, and Managers of trends in processes.
- Work with and/or around chemicals and solvents.
- Assist coworkers in performing a variety of operations to insure an uninterrupted work flow.
- Prepare, complete, and submit all records and reports on a timely manner.
- Transport work in progress within the facility as required.
- Report all accidents or unsafe conditions to supervision immediately.
- Report and document any condition affecting the quality or quantity of work being performed.
- Perform other duties as required.Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of inspection experience utilizing measurement tools such as micrometers, comparators, lasers, Vernier calipers, durometers
- Ability to wear PPE as required
- Ability to use hand tools and read/understand blueprints and schematics
- Good understanding of math, including the Imperial and Metric systems.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org