We are seeking a Process Engineer in our Hamburg, NJ headquarters to handle the following:
• Assists with the Set-up and Start-up of production lines including all primary, secondary and auxiliary equipment need for a specific job and troubleshoots the process with production, quality and technical until a first article product is approved.
• Create new and revises all process documents including set-up sheets and work instructions. Reviews production run results and logs any changes throughout a production run and processes changes / improvements as necessary.
• Optimizes operator and equipment efficiency and utilization.
• Works with Production Technicians and Setup Technicians to achieve desired yield, efficiency and utilization goals and to ensure safety protocols are in place and followed by all Teammates.
• Reports all unsafe conditions to the Area Supervisor / Manager and issues safety work orders as needed.
• Work with Production, Quality, Technical and Design Engineering to ensure new products meet all qualification requirements including first article approvals.
• Utilizes Lean Thinking, Six Sigma and 5S concepts when creating new or improving existing processes.
• Routinely reviews process documentation, work instructions, set-up sheets etc. to ensure documents and actual process activity (actual work performed) are the same.
• Review new and revises all set-up and process sheets after every new job is started. Logs any changes throughout an entire run a necessary.
• Working with production, monitors throughput and quality levels to ensure targets are meet and if not implements corrective actions.
• Optimizes operator and equipment productivity and utilization to best level possible.
• Working with Production and Quality, makes suggestions for continuous improvement of processes and product.
• Identifies training required for employees that will improve process throughput, process quality, and reduce waste.
• Insures BOMs and Routes in the ERP System are accurate. Uses BOMs and Routes for setting up and running a new product.
• Works with and assists the production team to starts-up production machines, secondary, and auxiliary equipment in all areas of the production department. Assists the Production Team in trouble-shooting problems at start-up and during processing.
• Assist and provides training to the Production Team (Operators, Trainers, Utilities, Set-Up Technicians, and Leads) and Quality Assurance Team to understand the safety required for any given job being performed.
• Observes and communicates to Management where housekeeping and cleanliness deficiencies exist and recommends methods / actions for improvement.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university.
• Three (3) to five (5) years of work experience in manufacturing with strong mechanical ability and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of machine operations and process troubleshooting.
• An Understanding of physics, specifically with Statics & Strengths of Materials.
• Knowledge of elastomeric materials and the production process of manufacture.
• Knowledge/familiarity/experience within an ISO9001/AS9100 manufacturing facility.
Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing Systems, Design of Experiments (DOE) Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) Programming ability (Python, Java, C+, etc)
Statistical Methods for Quality Improvement
• A passion for continuous improvement in all facets.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.