Ames Rubber Corporation has provided design engineers with innovative, cost-effective solutions for almost 70 years. From the aerospace and automotive industries, where protective coatings and elastomer technology are vital, to office automation and alternative energy markets, where seals and rollers are key, Ames has materials and material applications expertise and passion to grow that leads the way. Ames know-how and expertise with Elastomeric Materials and Process Technologies to Meet Exacting Requirements and provide critical components to high-end and demanding partners everywhere: earth, air and space. Check out our career site to apply at amescorp com.
We are seeking a Design Engineer in our Hamburg, NJ headquarters to handle the following:
- Design and develop tooling necessary to meet project and/or process specification and parameters. Complete tool design within time and cost constraints.
- Participate with Operations, Quality, and Engineering on continuous improvement initiatives and problem resolution of issues that affect throughput, product quality, and deliveries.
- Organize and maintain engineering records of tool and equipment design.
- Design and develop Bills of Materials. Order necessary materials to produce designs.
- Review design with internal/external customers to insure compliance with requirements. Revise design as necessary.
- Maintain housekeeping and cleanliness of production department. Adheres to all safety rules, including the utilization of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and reporting any unsafe conditions as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in mechanical or tool design.
- Knowledge of Solidworks 3D CAD software.
- Knowledge of metal fabrication.
- Outstanding attention to detail, problem resolution, and organizational skills.
- Must be a US Citizen or permanent resident within the United States, capable of working without restriction
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.